Android 5.0 Jelly 2012

Android 5.0 Jelly 2012 - Android 5.0 is big news, and in the coming months as we learn more about it, I’m sure there will be quite a few things to get excited about.  I have a feeling that some things might be missing, no matter how hard I dream about them, but here they are; the 5 things I want to see from Android 5.0, Jelly Bean

5 Tabbed Google Apps for Tablets

I don’t know about you, but I used Gmail labels to their maximum potential.  A lot of that is lost on my device because it’s just too hard to switch between them.  Sure, I can place Gmail label widgets on my home screen and that works well enough, but it’s still more effort than is necessary.  Google, take a page from Mozilla’s Thunderbird and make a tabbed interface for everyone’s favorite mail client!  Don’t stop there!  We want the same functionality for Google Reader too.

4 Full x86 support

This one should go without saying.  Android is a reasonable candidate for a desktop OS for those that have limited needs as far as productivity in concerned.  If I used a computer purely for entertainment, I would use Android.  My wife would too.  At least then I would be able to watch Netflix…

3 Launcher options

Making folders anywhere, even in the dock, is a real boon for Android users; especially those who use the platform for real productivity.  But that’s not enough.  What about the ability to re-size icons and widgets, in a scaleable, and useable way.  How about giving us the ability to re-size the grid itself!  I like to keep it simple, so things like Trebuchet are not completely up my alley, but then again, some features are just no-brainers.  Just let me put anything, anywhere, and arrange it how I like it!

2 Real Google Docs support

No web apps in a wrapper.  Give us a proper front-end for what is the best and most convenient productivity suite in the world.  Give us a single-document widget so that we can place a single document on a home screen.  As far as managing a “honey-do” list, there would be nothing easier than this.

1 Support for devices older than 18 months

This should go without saying.  Android users stick behind their devices and the Android operating system.  For most manufacturers, support ends at the date of purchase.  If you get an update for your Motorola, Samsung or other, it’s about 1 year too late.  Those lucky enough to have official Google hardware are still not properly represented.  Sure, Google gives you your update, and for a few months you feel like the king if the hill, but what about 1 year later?  The Nexus One, arguably the world’s first “super-phone” is proof.  With 512MB of RAM and a 1Ghz Snapdragon processor, it’s still a great device.  Even the Nexus S doesn’t trump it in the RAM department– the most important ingredient– and yet still has official support for Ice Cream Sandwich.  The iPhone 3GS and it’s minuscule 256MB of RAM still officially supports iOS 5.0.1.

Source

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive